Dec 2019 - present, The Agile Monkeys (Santiago, Chile) Currently a Senior Software Engineer, having performed consultancy for several organizations and part of the Booster Framework development team.
- Serverless and event-driven architectures
- Event-sourcing and CQRS
- Domain-Driven Design
- Cloud-native technologies
- Working with a fully distributed team
Feb 2018 - Dec 2019, Cencosud S.A. (Santiago, Chile) Was Senior Software Developer at the R+D department of the Advanced Analytics division of the third largest listed retail company in Latin America.
- Working directly with data scientists and UX researchers
- Containerization (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- CI/CD practices
- Microsoft Azure cloud services and Azure DevOps
- Functional requirement specification
- Prolog and logic programming
- Working with a distributed team (half the team in the USA, the other in Chile)
- Putting in practice agile methodologies such as Scrum and TDD
- Scala and functional programming
- AWS and cloud infrastructure
Nov 2010 - Sep 2014, Mobile Solutions (Santiago, Chile) Part of the team responsible of designing and developing from the ground up the back and front-end of Pago Maxtron, a micropayment platform that enables users in Chile and Latin America to make purchases online through local payment methods.
- Designing RESTful APIs
- Building complete web applications using an MVC framework (CakePHP)
- Familiarization with the micropayments ecosystem
- Integration with different payment processors
Aug 2009 - Nov 2010, Nuwit (Santiago, Chile) In charge of adapting the Magento CMS for Chile's largest bookstore chain and developing Windows Mobile applications to be used by employees of transportation and retail companies during QA and production processes.
- Customizing open source software to meet client needs
- Booster, Express, CakePHP, AngularJS, Django, Akka HTTP, Lift
- Databases (Relational and NoSQL)
- Containers (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Serverless compute (Lambda, Azure Functions)
- Shell scripting
- Version control (Git, SVN)
- CI/CD (GitLab, CircleCI, Azure DevOps)
Fall 2009 - Spring 2010, University of Chile
Engineering in Computer Science (GPA: 6.0/7.0)
Dissertation topic: "A Methodology to Extract and Classify Twitter User Interests for Recommendation Applications"
Fall 2002 - Fall 2009, University of Chile
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
- Spanish (mother tongue)
- English (fluent, TOEFL iBT score 108/120 (Reading: 30/30, Listening: 27/30, Speaking: 28/30, Writing: 23/30))
- Portuguese (basic communication skills)